If you are in CRISIS in LOS ALAMOS, NM call the victims advocate (505)709.0729 or (505)663.3511.
JudyGails Place assists with TRANSITIONAL needs check out our services here, ALL persons looking for help in leaving or dealing with immediate crisis will be directed to the nearest shelter or victims advocate.
Rumor Mill.... want to know the truth?
We've heard lots of interesting roomers lately.... most of them are NOT true.
Here are the basics:
1. We are NOT the same place as the LAPD victims advocate. This individual is hired by Los Alamos county, it is a paid position and is designed to address/handle crisis domestic violence situations.
2. We no longer have an office, but we are still OPEN and working hard. We are shifting to more online resources due to the far reaching need and lack of online resources at this time. There are many needs that come after 'getting out' of a DV situation and our entire focus is to provide resources for those later stages. Crisis care IS important, it is just not our focus.
3. We are 100% volunteers and do not answer the phone at 3am even if you call our private lines on behalf of a dear friend who is in a horrible situation. We can't stop everything in our lives every time someone in the community encounters someone in a crisis situation. That is too much to ask of ANY volunteer. (see #2)
4. Yes, we do have a free support group both in person and online. It is focused on empowering women as they move forward. Our focus is to help those who've experienced DV to rebuild their futures. One part of that process is to establish a group of people who understand what you are going through and encourage you to keep moving forward anyway.
Send us an email if you'd like to attend online, we will send you a link.
Keep an eye on FB for the time and date of the next meeting.
5. Yes, we are all survivors and that means we don't usually fall for the drama filled stories. We do understand that court doesn't go as planned, child support doesn't come at the right time, money is tights and your ex doesn't go away just because you left the dangerous environment. We even understand that leaving is likely much more involved than anyone told you when they were telling you to just "get out".
More questions? CALL US and we will answer all of your questions to the best of our ability.
call (505) 500-4192,
or chat via chatroom anonymously
(click the bouncing butterfly)